Hello QSCA Members,
I hope this update finds you, your families and friends keeping well. QSCA realises the stress this situation has placed on clubs, volunteers and members, and as talk of restrictions being lifted, we believe it is an appropriate time to make contact and provide an update.
We continue to communicate with Sporting Clays Australia, and closely monitor regulations and guidance to determine when – and under what conditions the reopening of clubs can proceed. It can be a complex issue that varies club by club, as we need to:
- meet the ongoing legislative and health guidance being issued by federal, state and local government (e.g. community sport and social distancing)
- consider our OHS duty of care/obligations towards staff, volunteers, members and guests
- clarify the ability for clubs to be able to sell ammunition
- meet guidelines for clubs that hold community liquor licences.
In terms of the early reopening of clubs – there continues to be a large amount of misinformation circulating, particularly over the last week. Members must recognise that clubs and their committees are constrained by the legal restrictions placed upon them. It is noted that while some restrictions have eased – none of these changes currently permit a return to shooting.
We are likely to see a lifting of social distancing and community sport restrictions in stages, with several meetings scheduled for next week at Federal and State level.
QSCA is currently working with our member clubs to assist with reopening as soon as possible. The easing of restrictions will likely result in the opening of practice first, followed later by competitions as relaxations are made to social distancing and group sizes for community sport
In terms of QSCA Competitions:
- the ability for clubs to host QSCA Competitions to proceed will be reviewed and updated once conditions are clarified
- the State Selection series has not been impacted at this time. The easing of restrictions will indicate whether the 3rd scheduled selection shoot can proceed (Fraser Coast Sporting Clays – Sunday 7th June)
- QSCA will update members in relation to scheduled competitions over the coming weeks.
If QSCA members are seeking further information, in the first instance we request that you get in touch with your club’s committee.
QSCA President – Glen Rider | QSCA Secretary/Treasurer – Ashley Mead